These instructions are valid for Outlook for Mac 2016. Similar procedures apply to earlier versions although some screenshots and options may vary.
Pre-requisites and assumptions:
- Your Office 365 mailbox has already been added to Outlook as an account.
- Your Office 365 administrator has already granted you 'Send As' or Full permission to the shared mailbox in Office 365 / Exchange Admin Centre.
- Open Outlook for Mac, select Tools menu > Accounts
- Select your Office 365 / Exchange account from the Accounts list on the left. Click the Advanced button.
- Select the Delegates tab
- In the section People I am a delegate for select the [+] symbol
- Type in the name of the shared mailbox, then select the desired user from the list and click Add
- Select OK to close the Accounts window.
After a short time, the shared mailbox will appear as a folder in the left sidebar navigation pane.
To alter how the accounts list is displayed, go to Outlook > Preferences > General
Select or deselect the 'Show all account folders' option as desired.